- Workshop 1: Club House Wed 24th - 7.30 to 9.00pm
- Workshop 2: Ballwall Fri 26th - 7.30 to 9.00pm
The intention is that attendees will go to both workshops, first session will geared towards fundamental training tips, effective training plans and and how to encourage kids to practise outside of organised training sessions. We will follow up in the ball wall and put some of the training plans into action with a demo with players aswell as specific ball wall training drills. More details below.
- Fundamental training tips of non-hurlers (similar to what was done last time round e.g. grip, terminology, picking up ball (while on knees as opposed to bending down etc)
- How to get kids to practice outside training times (including ideas to share with parents)
- Importance of including fun element to keep engaged during the sessions. What works well....
- Preparing for the physical nature of the game. Gradual change through the years,accepting the need to ensure they progress.
- Planning effective drills / matches for 1 hour time frame on shared pitch. Give examples for different age groups.
- Take additional questions as they arise