Healthy Heart Screening for players
Brian Talty's committee have been working on arranging Heart Screening for club players. We have settled on a company called Healthy Hearts Healthy Lives to carry out this screening. As you will see from their attached brochures Dr. McGlinchey is the Consultant Cardiologist and Oisin McConville is the trained counsellor, if required.
We have settled on the 24th of September as the date to carry out the screening in the Clubhouse. It is available to each member of the club and the cost is €45 per person. They recommend 14-35 year olds be screened but under 16's must have signed parental consent. The club has agreed to pay €20 each participant has to pay only €25.
The key points are......
- Minimum number 35.
- At least 2 Technician will attend,one of which will be a female.
- Individual results for each participant.
- Each screening takes 5-7 minutes.
- 8/9 participants every half hour.
- Questionnaire per participant....preferably to be filled out in advance.
- Taking place in the Clubhouse on Saturday 24th September 9am to 1pm.
We would like to get an idea of the numbers in advance and are suggesting that we do out a registration form which should be returned by Wednesday 21st September.
The committee will organise the facility on the day will deal with the running of the Screening Session.
I have more communication from them that I can pass on to you if you wish.
Mob: 087 738 1433