GAA Games Development Conference Féile Participation
Please see below information for GAA Games Developement Conference in Croke Park on Friday evening Jan 6th & Saturday Jan 7th. If anyone would like to commit to going or has booked already if they could let me know. Many thanks Fergal McStay
I just wanted to drop you a note regarding the Games Development Conference. The Conference will take place on Friday, January 6th (19.30 - 21.30) and Saturday, January 7th (09.30 - 17.00) 2017 in Croke Park. The 2017 Conference will focus on issues related to players across the playing pathway (Child, Youth and Adult players) and will address the theme of ‘It’s in the Game’.
Each year we offer those clubs that have taken part in either national or regional Féile tournaments an opportunity to receive some free delegate passes when they purchase tickets for the conference. For every clubs that purchase 5 tickets for the Games Development Conference, a 6th delegate receives a complimentary pass. In order to take advantage of the free places, clubs purchase the 5 tickets as outlined below and contact me at this address. Upon receipt of the application, an additional pass is issued. Details of the conference are outlined below:
On Friday, January 6th we will have a special Games Based forum, including presentations by expert Hurling and Gaelic football coaches.
Saturday, January 7th will see a spectacular range of speakers presenting both key note and parallel workshops. The full list of speakers is currently being finalised. In addition, we will have a specially constructed Researchers Exhibition, where a range of researchers from 3rd Level Institutions throughout Ireland will present on their ongoing work, and how it can influence the work of GAA coaches.
- Paul Kinnerk, Coach, Limerick Senior Hurling Team 2017
- Mick Bohan, Coach, Clare Senior Football Team 2016
- Nicholas Walsh, Coach Greater Western Sydney AFL Club
- Martin Fogarty, National Hurling Development Manger
- Jamie Wall, Coach, Mary Immaculate College of Education
- Prof Chris Cushion, Loughborough University
- Dr Wade Gilbert, California State University
- Paudie Butler, GAA Coach and Coach Educator
- Dr Colm O’Connor, Clinical Psychologist
- David Herity, former Kilkenny Senior Hurler and Coach Dublin Senior Camogie Team 2017
- Briege Corkery, Cork Ladies Gaelic Footballer and Camogie Player
- Ryan McMenamin, former Tyrone Senior Footballer
Ticket cost €60 and are available from the Conference booking site: https://eventgen.ie/gaa-games-development-conference-2017
Please note that tickets are sold on a first come, first served basis and it is expected that tickets will sell out in advance.
If you have any comments or questions, please let me know.
GAA Games Development
Peadar Ó hÁrgain
Runaí, Coiste Féile
Guthán: (0)1 8658625